Make a Splash!
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 am - 12:00pm
CLOSED from 12-4pm
4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- Monday and Wednesday Session (see Level Info below for times)
- Session 6: 10/8 - 11/5/18 (No Lessons on 10/31)
- Session 7: 11/26 - 12/19/18
- Saturday Session (see Level Info below for times)
- Session 2: 10/6 - 12/1/18 (No Lessons 11/24)
- $35 member
- $40 non-member
- $5 discount for second child registered in the same session as the first child
Level 1 (Ages 3 years and up)
Mon/Wed: 4:30 - 5:00pm
Saturday: 9:50 - 10:20am
For swimmers with little to no experience. Will learn about submerging the face, buoyancy, supported floating, bubble blowing, water entry and exit, introduction to alternating arm action, supported kicking, basic water safety rules, how to get help and reach assist without wearing a life jacket.
Mon/Wed: 5:05 - 5:35pm
Saturday: 10:25 - 10:55am
Will learn to perform front glides, back glides, rhythmic breathing, deep water entry and exit, front flutter kick, back flutter kick, and back crawl arm stroke. Combine all movements with kicking and turning over.
Mon/Wed: 5:40 - 6:10pm
Saturday: 11:00 - 11:30am
learn how to submerge head completely, jump into deep water from the edge,
diving, front glides, back glides with push off, front crawl, back crawl, and
elementary backstroke kick.
Mon/Wed: 6:15 - 6:45pm
Saturday: 11:35 - 12:05am
Students will build on level 3 skills and also develop the following skills: deep-water bobbing, rotary breathing, diving from a standing position, sculling, elementary backstroke, breaststroke kick, sidestroke kick, open wall turns, treading water with various kicks, rescue breathing and an introduction to CPR.
Private & Semi- Private Swim Lessons
All ages and skill levels welcome. To schedule a private or semi-private swim lesson call the Aquatics Department at (303)582-1453 x 4509. Availability dependent on pool schedule and instructor availability. A semi-private lesson is 2 students with similar abilities. Private and semi-private lessons are 30 minutes each.
- Private Swim Lesson Cost: $20/members, $25/non-members
- Semi-Private Swim Lesson Cost: $15/members, $18/non-members
Swim Team- Fall Session
- 10/8/18-12/19/18 (no practice Halloween 10/31 or Thanksgiving week 11/19 & 11/21)
- Monday and Wednesday evenings from 4:30 - 5:30pm
- Swimmers looking to develop or refine their skills will work with trained coaches on: Starts, turns, strokes, endurance and speed.
- $75/ Members
- $80/ Non-Members
- $7/ Drop In
- Lap swimmers must swim inside designated lap lanes.
- During adult lap swim, 2-6 lanes will be provided depending on demand. Two lanes will be put in which can accommodate 4-6 lap swimmers. Once there are 2-3 swimmers to each lane, an extra lane may be added.
- Adult lap swim times are Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8am - 10:30am and Tuesday, Thursday from 8am - 12pm.
- During open swim, two lanes will be available, as the diving board must remain open during open swim. When there are more than two swimmers, please use the circle swim technique, which is posted in the pool area.
- The five-foot rope is only taken down during Aquacize or any other activity organized by GCPR, and is to be taken down by GCPR staff only.
- The lanes progress from slower to faster swimmers, beginning with the lane nearest the stairs. Please swim in the appropriate lane for your swimming ability.
- If there are two people swimming in the same lane, you may each take half the lane. When there are more than two swimmers, please use the circle swim technique, which is posted in the pool area.
- Please be courteous. Lifeguards reserve the right to ask swimmers to move to a more appropriate lane.
The pool staff has final authority on lap lane usage.
Lifeguards promote safety, enforce rules, and respond to emergencies. Parents or guardians are ultimately responsible for the safety of their children. Together, we will work to keep swimming fun.
- Someone 18 or older must supervise non-swimmers ages 5 and younger, in the water, within arm's reach, at all times.
- Swimmers 12 and older may use the pools without supervision.
- Please note that during swim lesson times, space is limited in the activity pool, and the slide and other features will not be on.
- Families and groups must maintain a child to adult ratio of no more than 3:1.
- Open sores, rashes and other communicable diseases can spread to others. Get well before using the pool.
- Enjoy food, beverages, and gum upstairs. Plastic water bottles are OK.
- Floatation devices must be approved by the lifeguard on duty. Armband floaties are never OK.
- Swim diapers are required for non-toilet-trained children.
- Rough play is never OK.
- No glass containers in the pool area.
- Shower before entering the pools.
- Swim only when a lifeguard is present.
- Follow the lifeguard's instructions.
- Wet floors and feet are slippery; walk at all times.
- Proper swim attire is required at all times.
- Please be considerate of other swimmers.